Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend RUNdown

*sigh* The weekend ALWAYS goes by so fast.
Friday night we had tornado warnings and the warning sirens were blaring outside, my poor 4 year old was terrified.
The storms were pretty bad, but no tornadoes!
Saturday morning I was on the treadmill bright and early for 13 miles. With MoneyBall on the dvd player and my new brooks. The shoes were amazing! I felt like I was running on clouds.

After, we went to the zoo and the dekalb farmer's market

We made homemade pizza's with whole wheat dough for dinner. Success!

The first one was topped with Jerk Chicken, roasted red pepper, red onion and grilled portabello... and yes, I marinated and grilled the chicken, roasted and peeled the pepper, and grilled the mushroom beforehand. I told my husband I feel like I just cooked dinner, chopped it and added it to pizza which I had to roll, sauce, and cheese-up... it was a lot of work!

The second pizza had mushroom, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, feta, and garlic. They were both amazing. I went super light on the cheese, I think about 4 oz on each pizza and they were HUGE pizzas.

Sunday was relaxing...
I got a lot of my weekly food prep done.
I also made tofu for the first time, and I gotta say, I wasn't a fan. The texture was just off to me. I think if I had one of those tofu presses and could get the tofu really firm, I may like it.
I watched She's the Man, with Amanda Bynes. I don't care how old I am, I love that movie and I love her! I seriously think she is hilarious.

I started the day off with egg whites and an english muffin, that I ate so quickly I didn't even think to snap a pic of, it's ok, it was ugly.

I've got 5 miles, ab ripper, and chest and back on the agenda today.

AND Congrats to Janae and Billy!!!

PPS... I'm doing foodie penpals for the first time this month!!! I'm so excited head over to http://www.theleangreenbean.com/ for all the deets!

Happy Monday!

What's on your exercise agenda for the day?

Have you participated in foodie penpals previously? Did you like what you got?

No comments:

Post a Comment