Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday's workout was 5 miles on the treadmill @ 2.5% incline in 45:30.
Love having it in my kitchen! I exercise when my kids nap, it works.







Breakfast was this:

Provolone cheese, tomato, basil, grilled on focaccia bread.


Lunch was salad and chicken nuggets
Dinner was salad, grilled chicken, rice, black beans, and aspargus (sorry no pics I forgot)
and desert was this:




Cupcakes! Need I say more?
I love food and I LOVE to cook and bake, its a good combination.

On to what I am thankful for. I'm thankful that I even found running. I was never a runner. I was never anything active expect for appearance purposes, it was not fun, it didn't feel good, it was a chore. While I was pregnant with my daughter I got a treadmill, I wanted to be active as I read it was good for her and myself. I walked 2-3 miles on a 10% incline almost everyday. It was boring. As soon as Leila was born I wanted to lose the baby weight as fast as possible. So I started running, well more like a walk/run combo. You see, I had never run without stopping for walk breaks more than a mile. Sad I know! I just kept at it and before I knew it I was running 3 miles, than 5, than 10. I was hooked... I fell in love with running. In 8 months I've gone from not being able to run a full mile, to running 30+ a week, from 12 min miles to 8 min miles. I'm proud of myself and I can't wait to see the progress I make as I learn more and train more.
My viewpoint has changed in so many ways. I don't think of running as "exercise" I think of it as a gift. I don't think about food in terms of calories and fat grams, I enjoy every bite! I don't think about my body negatively and look at what I could change. I look at my body and am in awe of what it can do.
Running is confidence.

How do you view running?
as exercise? to be competitive? as fun?

2 comments:

  1. I only used to workout for weight loss/maintenance. It's definitely no fun that way! Now it's all about preparing for your next goal, and it's so much better for me mentally and physically. Plus, I actually think of it as fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible progress! What a great philosophy you have about running.

    ReplyDelete