With the weather getting warmer and warmer it's getting harder and harder to run. I notice I run a lot slower in the heat and the effort seems greater. Also, I have to drink ice cold water when I'm running in the heat. Even though it's harder, I actually think I prefer to run in 80 degree weather. There is something to be said about dripping in sweat after a run. I guess it's a little more rewarding that way. Anyway on to the goals.
- Cut down on sugar. I'm sure you've seen all the latest on how toxic sugar is and while I don't think I'll ever cut it out completely, with my sweet tooth, I could definitely stand to decrease it. I don't eat a lot of sweets these days, but it's everywhere. In bread, in condiments, almond milk, protein bars, plain greek yogurt etc... everywhere. I want to be mindful of all added sugars, including fruit. I blend up fruit to add to my daughter's (plain) yogurt and for smoothies. It adds up.
- Increase weights in bicep, shoulder, and tricep exercises. Right now I'm doing 10 lbs at 15 reps. I need to up weights and decrease reps... obviously.
- Eat better on the weekends. I don't wild out on the weekends, but I do get off my normal schedule.
- Sign up for a race!
- Organize my desk (and keep it organized)
- Get to sleep by 10:30 on week nights.
I love busy weekends and lots of activities, but sometimes it makes it so hard to start Monday off on the right foot. We had 2 different Easter Egg hunts, farmer's market, herb planting/yard work, car washing, hanging with neighbors, the other usual weekend stuff and I have a cold. I am dragging right now.
Do you prefer quiet or busy weekends?
For me it depends... I like both at different times, but I think overall I like busy weekends.