Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Goals

I always have goals in my head, but rarely put them down on paper. I guess I should though, it would keep me more accountable.
With the weather getting warmer and warmer it's getting harder and harder to run. I notice I run a lot slower in the heat and the effort seems greater.  Also, I have to drink ice cold water when I'm running in the heat. Even though it's harder, I actually think I prefer to run in 80 degree weather.  There is something to be said about dripping in sweat after a run.  I guess it's a little more rewarding that way.  Anyway on to the goals.

  1. Cut down on sugar.  I'm sure you've seen all the latest on how toxic sugar is and while I don't think I'll ever cut it out completely, with my sweet tooth, I could definitely stand to decrease it.  I don't eat a lot of sweets these days, but it's everywhere. In bread, in condiments, almond milk, protein bars, plain greek yogurt etc... everywhere.  I want to be mindful of all added sugars, including fruit.  I blend up fruit to add to my daughter's (plain) yogurt and for smoothies.  It adds up.
  2. Increase weights in bicep, shoulder, and tricep exercises.  Right now I'm doing 10 lbs at 15 reps. I need to up weights and decrease reps... obviously.  
  3. Eat better on the weekends.  I don't wild out on the weekends, but I do get off my normal schedule.  
  4. Sign up for a race!
  5. Organize my desk (and keep it organized)
  6. Get to sleep by 10:30 on week nights.
I think all of this is very doable!  We'll see...

I love busy weekends and lots of activities, but sometimes it makes it so hard to start Monday off on the right foot. We had 2 different Easter Egg hunts, farmer's market, herb planting/yard work, car washing, hanging with neighbors, the other usual weekend stuff and I have a cold.  I am dragging right now.






Question?

Do you prefer quiet or busy weekends?

For me it depends... I like both at different times, but I think overall I like busy weekends.

1 comment:

  1. i definitely like a good balance of both on my weekends...i always feel more productive when i am busy but soemtimes it is nice just to hang out and do nothing as well :) love the sweet pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete