Friday, April 13, 2012

Let the countdown begin...

This time next week I'll be en route to Hilton Head, hopefully it's warmer than it is now.
We got this weird cold front, after temps in the mid 80's there was a frost advisory the other night?!?!?
I had to bring my newly planted herbs inside and I've had nothing to dress the kids in because I put all of the winter clothes away... oops.
Georgia is tricky like that.
I love the weather as far as running goes though. It just feels a 1000x easier when it's cooler.
I mailed my taxes in... wah wah wah.  I actually had a dream last night that I was owed a $20,000 refund.
Ha only in my dreams.  I used to prepare income taxes, so I love doing taxes.  Just not my own... unless I get a refund... which I didn't.
Today is legs and abs.. I am loving my workout schedule right now.  I made up a HIIT workout the other day. I got way too ambitious and had myself running 9 mph at 9% incline (in 60 second intervals) and I almost died. I think I pulled a muscle in my quad.  I adjusted and knocked the speed down to 8.
I need to start working my arms with heavier weights... but I am cheap and don't want to spend the money. Right now I'm using 10# dumbbells and it's not challenging I can go 15-20 reps easy.  I know I'm not ready for 20's because I have a set of 20# dumbbells and I can only curl like 3 reps before my wrist feels like it's going to fall off.  So I need 15's but knowing that I eventually hope to get to 20, I don't want to spend the money on them.  What can I do in the interim?

I'm going to eat Ethiopian food tomorrow.  I have no idea what it entails, but I've only heard good things.
I know they have a lot of vegetarian options, which I like.  Oh and you sit on the floor... so I'll keep that in mind when dressing myself.
Other than the Farmer's Market... duh.  I have no other weekend plans.  Well 15 miles Saturday morning, but that's a give in too.

OK, done with the randomness.  I will leave you with some random food  pictures!
Yesterday's lunch Salad Monster!  Grilled chicken, hard boiled egg (mostly white), greens, tomato, red pepper, onion, cuke, balsamic... amazingness

Dinner Salad Monster

  
Peanut Butter "everything" granola... recipe to come... too good not to share!                    




No comments:

Post a Comment