Thursday, May 31, 2012

Foodie PenPals and Some Random FUN

My life has been chaotic to say the very least!  However, I think I see at least a little normalcy over the next couple of weeks!
Ughhhh it's been a mess, but you know what they say upward and onward...

Foodie Penpals was great this month!

Heather from Kiss My Broccoli totally hooked me up.


This package was filled with so many fun and yummy treats!  The cookie butter goes great with the chocolate cookies.  Thanks Heather!!! I will be making a trip to Trader Joe's this week!

Jealous? Do you want to be a foodie penpal? Here's How:

The amazing Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean organizes all of this.

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! 
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 
You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
Click HERE to get started!

I'm out for June because I will be traveling, but I will surely be back for July!!!

Now for the FUN!

Cheryl at Live Fit Daily nominated me for this:

She was actually my first Foodie PenPal!  We have so much in common it's crazy and she used to live in GA very near me, too bad we never got to meet.

So here's how this works:

1) Post the award logo and picture on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Tell seven things about yourself.
3) Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers whom you think deserve the award.
4) Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them they have been nominated!

Ok, My seven randoms:

  1. My treadmill is in my kitchen
  2. I rewatched the entire series of Felicity over 2 1/2 months entirely on my treadmill. Finished the last episode yesterday and I'm thinking of just watching it again. (Best show ever!!!)
  3. I currently have 12 mosquito bites all from being outside for 5 min yesterday, with bug spray on... they literally swarm around me, meanwhile no one else has a single bite... please explain this!
  4. My birthday is in 5 days! And I don't plan to age AT ALL after this one.
  5. In a couple of weeks I'll have officially gone through 2 rounds of P90X, I've increased weights, can do push ups like nobody's business, and am overall happy with the results, but I want to join a gym.  I know I'll never get the results I really really want bc I do too much cardio... but I LOVE RUNNING... it's truly therapeutic.
  6. We had a BBQ at the lake for memorial day... a scary guy tried to fight us because he said we took his grill... it was delightful... with 4 frightened kids and all...
  7. egg whites are my favorite food, I would eat them 5 times a day if I could.
Now for my nominations:


No comments:

Post a Comment