Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday and Poor Quality Pictures...

Today I'm thankful for the ability to run. From my legs that allow me to physically run, to my hubby for waking up early on Saturday's so I can get out there, to my kids who usually nap each day. Running gives me something that I don't think most people feel. It makes me happy, proud, humbled, peaceful, strong, confident, and so so much more. I'm thankful that I have something that I love so much, that I don't care if I'm good at it, fast enough, can run far enough, none of that really matters. I can run. And that is enough. I hope everyone has something that makes them feel as good as running makes me feel.


We went to the lake and skipped rocks. It was sooooo fun, I didn't even know I could skip rocks!
This heat is something else... I don't know how I'm going to run outside on Saturday morning... I better wake up really early like 6 am early.

What do you do when it's 90+ degrees out? Do you shorten your runs or slow down your pace?

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard for me to think about running outside lately! I have been using the treadmill, since I have to be out of the house pretty early for work and can't fit a run in before 5:30! I guess I just have to wake up even earlier! I definitely slow my pace if I need to.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...running definitely leaves me with such a great feeling. I love how strong, confident and free I feel when I run!

    When it is hot I usually just have to slow down. But it depends on the heat and how well I have done at hydrating!

    Have a fabulous night! I love that you all went and skipped rocks...so simple but SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *hate* the heat!! I prefer cold temps any day. If it's crazy hot/humid, I'll run on the treadmill. That's how much I hate the heat ;)

    ReplyDelete