Friday, November 4, 2011

Where did the Year go?

Seriously, where is it?
The older I get the faster time goes by.
I cannot believe it is already November. I'm excited for the Holiday's they seem to take on new meaning once you have kids. Right now my kids are young enough that it's still enjoyable.

I've been consistently running for a little over a year now, I know to most of you that's nothing, but prior to this I literally couldn't run more than a mile at a time (I was a walk/run girl/ elliptical lover). I'm so excited for the future as far as running goes I can't wait to see more progress and get more and more races under my belt. I have a lot to learn as far as running goes, I'm still navigating race day fueling (I suck at it right now), speedwork (I hate it right now), finding the perfect shoe (maybe next pair?), and actually sticking to a training schedule.

I ran 4 miles on Wednesday at a 9 min pace and felt great, ab work too. I did a circuit training exercise video and ran 5.5 miles at an 8:40 pace and am really hurting today. I don't know if it was the running or the jump squats but my knees are just not happy. I'm going to take today off from running, I'm running with my running group on Saturday morning and I need fresh legs.
Atlanta has a Thanksgiving half marathon and I REALLY want to run it. I've got a couple things holding me back though:
  1. price. It's $75 and I don't know if it's worth it.
  2. It's Thanksgiving and I don't know if I want to drag my poor family out (plus it could be super duper cold)
  3. My husband is having a procedure on his leg on Tuesday, It's outpatient, no biggie, but who knows how he will feel.
I'm really unsure, but I think if I don't do that I at least want to do a 5k or 10k.

What are your plans for the weekend?
I don't have any (except for my Saturday run) I'm thinking a day trip, but where???

Do you love Christmas music?
I LOVE it. I adore Trans Siberian Railroad and I actually had some on my playlist for my marathon.


Have a great weekend! Good luck to those running RnR Savannah and NYC!

2 comments:

  1. CRAZY that its November.wow

    :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree about time going faster. when i was little...the holidays never came quickly enough. now they are always here before i am ready :)

    i also have only been running a little over a year and agree that there is still so much to learn..but thats what keeps us coming back...right!?! :)

    i hope you run that Thanksgiving half! That was on my list of 2011 goals because I was supposed to be in town for Thanksgiving...now I will be in NE visiting my brother instead. but that race sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete